Discover what's driving the adoption of vehicle electrification for both consumers and automakers.
With tightening regulations around carbon emissions, the demand for climate stability, and the need for energy security, electric vehicles (EVs) are paving the way for clean transportation. These aspects are essential for the success of vehicle electrification to achieve decarbonization on a global scale.
- Government regulations - decarbonization applies to both consumers and manufacturers when it comes it vehicles. Increasing stringent rules on fuel economy standards and requirements for automakers to sell a certain percentage of low-emission or zero emission vehicles is pushing the transition to electrification.
- The smart grid - elevating the current electric grid network to the next level by allowing utilities to respond in real-time to ever changing electric demand. This is accomplished through automation tools such as sensors and electronically controlled modules to establish a two-way connection between utilities and consumers.
- Smart charging stations - the access points to energy and are responsible for supporting energy demand in real-time. They assist the smart grid in balancing energy demand and grid loads by adjusting vehicle battery charging
speeds based on local demand and energy availability.
- Battery management systems - they have the critical task of balancing the voltage across the battery cells, keeping battery pack temperature within optimal values, and broadcasting battery pack status of electric vehicles. The BMS provides information to the smart grid and smart charging stations to determine charging speed based on energy demand.
About RGBSI Engineering Solutions
At RGBSI, we work with clients to unlock the full potential of their products and enable future innovation. By pairing modern technology with design expertise, we help companies elevate fundamental engineering principles in accommodation of growing product complexity requirements.
- Research: supply chain investigation, competitive benchmarking, warranty systems
- Product Design & Development: 2D & 3D modeling CAD customization & design automation, CAD conversions, animations, reverse engineering, concept sketch proposals, embedded systems
- Simulation: FEA, CFD
- Advanced Manufacturing: CAM services: CNC & CMM programming, collaborative manufacturing & testing, RFID integration/asset tracking, digital factories & layout design, additive manufacturing
- Automation: digital thread, model-based engineering, robotics & automation, tooling, IoT
- Support Activities: work package outsourcing, technical communication & translations
- Sustainability & Compliance: IMDS, CDX, REACH, RoHS, conflict minerals, waste management, battery directives